The Gauteng Provincial Government has successfully processed 154 916 applications around lunch time on May 3.
This is almost half of the 350 000 applications expected for the 2018 school year. Reaching this milestone in one and half days is significant and justifies the shift to online application. With manual applications this milestone would be reached in at least three months.
The success can be attributed to the modifications and improvement made to the system, including but not limited establishment of 65 admissions centres across Gauteng.
Still the department has identified the following few minor errors on the system, namely:
- Incomplete waiting list numbers
- Parents receiving WAB list numbers; meaning that addresses could not be found.
- Isolated cases where the system show schools far from the home or work address of the parent.
However all of these have been resolved. The department will re-issue SMS to parents with incomplete reference numbers and WAB list numbers.
Department’s technicians are working on the system 24-hours round the clock. However, should parents still be experiencing problems they are welcome to send the nature of the issue to [email protected] or call 0800 000 879.
Parents are continuing to be assisted via the 65 operation centres.
Parents are reminded to submit the following documents to the school within seven days:
- ID copies of parent/guardian
- Learner Birth certificate
- Latest School report (Grade 7)
- Proof of work or home address
- Immunisation card (Grade 1 Applicants)
- Proof of guardianship of the learner, if not biological parents
- Parent/ Guardian passport/Asylum Seekers permit for non-South African Citizen
Parents that have not yet applied for Grade One and Eight must do so as soon as possible. The closing date is the 12 June at midnight.
Parents with learners in Grade Two to Seven and Grade Nine to 11 are reminded of re-enrollment at the school.
Add us on WhatsApp today! Alberton Record: 060 644 5264 Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.