A FIRE destroyed a lounge in a house in Barker Road, Unigray, on June 12.
Fanie Ferreira, his wife Charlene and little boy Hendrik were in the house when the fire started.
“We were in the other room when my wife noticed the fire in the lounge. She shouted the word ‘fire’, and I immediately grabbed Hendrik and went outside. While outside, we organised a hosepipe with some of the people who came to help. We put the hose through the window trying to douse the fire. We don’t know what really started the fire.
“No one was seriously injured. Charlene was treated on the scene for minor burns. Only the lounge was seriously affected by the fire, while the other rooms were full of smoke,” explained Fanie.
Neighbourhood Watch and SS Crime Alert member, Donne Sykes said: “We were the first to help here and the fire brigade vehicle came after two hours. The community can contact me for any assistance on 065 182 6470,” she said.
A house burnt down this morning just after 9 at Unigray, 18 Barker Road
Posted by Southern Courier on Tuesday, 12 June 2018
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.